- Happy New Month my friends!
Today is exactly 1 year since launching my blog, PillBox and it is such a joy to celebrate 1 year of blogging with you! As always, I want to thank you for your time, love and fellowship.
My friends, April is a special month for you: It is the beginning of the second quarter of the year. That affords us time to reflect on how we started off the year, so we can steer the course of the remaining months. Warrior, don’t despise the way your year began, you might just be getting started! April marks the physical momentum of an already birthed spiritual revival: the ‘Azusa Now‘ movement in LA this month, and several other sweeping movements, one of which is our local church’s ‘Jesus Camp‘. I challenge you to be plugged in at your post because you will encounter God like never before in this season of what I call the “post-ressurection” phase.
Before I continue, let me take a moment to explain the reason for my temporary absence here:
- Why The Absence. What has our Blogger Been Up To?
For the past few months, I had been attending primarily to school because I am in my final lap of clinical rotations which leads to graduation! :). And I am glad to share with you that by God’s grace I have successfully completed this doctoral phase of my life after 8 years of higher education and I am slated for official doctoral conferral! It has not been easy and I am in the process of tying a few loose ends for the official wrap-up, but I trust that the same God who saw me through graduate school will also see you through any task, venture, business, activity etc you have began. My encouragement to you is this: please don’t give up! You can and will make it!
- So…Easter is over. It’s April now. How do I Position myself to reap?
Welcome to the month of April 2016! A month that we declare as the month of “Better things”! We just finished celebrating Easter so we are in what I call “a post resurrection phase” of our lives. In this new phase, dead things come to life again and forever! Raise your hopes high in God alone; like Ezekiel prophesy to seemingly dead things in your life because fire is in your mouth (Jeremiah 5:14). Revisit your dreams, finish the semester strong; minister on to those that need Christ. Go ahead for God’s power is already resident in you my friend from the beginning to the end of time!
“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”- Philipians 1:6
“..And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..”- Revelation 12:11
- What is the Word for Me From Easter?
I travelled with my local assembly to minister at the Pentecost International Worship Center (PIWC) Easter Convention at the Valley Forge convention Center in Pennsylvania this past weekend. The testimonies from this program were encouraging; many gave their lives to Christ, received the baptism of the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in new tongues; the spirit of prophecy broke out and the Lord revealed himself to many.
While we wait on the video recording,I want to highlight a few things from the message the Lord had me share and from the prophecies that came:
1. You have been called to better things in every area of your life. (“…that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel”- Hebrews 12:24)
2. You have been called to an actual person Jesus with whom you have an ongoing relationship, and not to an event or life happening. (“… To Jesus, the mediator of the new covenant”- Hebrews 12:24)
3. You have been called to light from darkness and demonic oppression “.. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves”- Colossians 1:13
4. You have been called to ceaseless prayer, a consecrated life of worship and wholehearted devotion to your Lord. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Ephesians 3:17,Ephesians 5:3-4)
Away with the old mindset, thought patterns and belief system and behold the new for YOU have been called to Better Things this day in Jesus name! Amen
You are in my prayers. Please keep me in yours also. Talk again soon my friends 🙂